Saturday, February 18, 2017

Nataraja

                          



                                            Sparks fly from your hands as you twirl
                                            Flames flash from your eyes
                                            Every twist and turn sends fire spiraling higher into the heavens
                                            As  you dance wrapped in smoke
                                             But you are not dark.
                                            Passion radiates from you with every  flawless step
                                            You move to rhythm of your beating heart
                                            While I stand numb and downcast.
                                            Darkness envelopes me like a shroud
                                            I cannot the hear the rhythm of your dance
                                            With fear and doubt whispering in my ears
                                             Clinging to me like besotted lovers.
                                             I want the sparks to fly
                                             I want to melt away my fear
                                             Sear my doubt
                                             Reignite the passion that barely smolders inside. 
                                             Teach my stumbling feet the steps they once knew
                                             Take my arms wrapped around me and lift them up
                                              Let me hear the rhythm of your heart so I can dance again.
                                           
                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment